“Dry Tri” – February 9th
A triathlon without the swim: 2K row, 8K bike and 3K run
Click Here for more information ←
“Burritt Built Throwdown” – March 28th
Co-Ed teams 2 girls + 2 guys.
Click here for more information ←
Have you posted some goals for the New Year?
All members are encouraged to choose a line on the big white board at the West end of the gym and choose a goal(s) you would like to reach in the New Year!
Need some ideas for setting goals? Ask your trainer for help!
The final tally for the “150 WODs in a Year” challenge is up!
Congrats to those who made it! Congrats to those newer folks who are on track to achieve that goal in 2020! Attending 3-4 times a week is a great goal to set for the New Year!
“The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
Pausing Front Squat Complex
E2MOM for 12 minutes
Build to a Heavy Complex:
1 Pausing Front Squat
1 Front Squat
* Two movements in our front squat complex, which comes from the rack
* We’ll pause for 3 seconds in the bottom of the first rep
* There is no pause on the second rep
* Build to something heavy for the day with solid mechanics
On the 4:00 x 5 Rounds:
20/15 Calorie Row
40 Double Unders
7 Front Squats (165/115)
Score each round. Your score is the slowest score of the 5 rounds.
* Working through 5 rounds of this interval workout
* You’ll complete the 3 movements as quickly as possible and rest until the next 4 minute window begins
* Rounds begin on the 0-4-8-12-16
* We want rest today in order to keep the intensity on the higher side, so cap each round at 3 minutes, or 1 minute per movement
* The barbell comes from the floor for the front squats in the metcon, so it should also be a weight you can clean
* Choose a moderately heavy and challenging front squat weight, but something you’ll complete unbroken every round
* It is ok to squat clean the first rep
Pausing Front Squat/Front Squat